Listen To Article
The hardest part of becoming an entrepreneur is to create an online course with high demand, popular and course content where people want to learn and willing to pay to learn.
While finding a popular online course to create isn’t that hard, finding the right profitable online course ideas is. If you are looking for a comprehensive list of online course ideas for your online business, you are in the right place.
Best Profitable Online Course Ideas of Every Niche
Online education is gaining in popularity, in fact the industry is growing at 20% per year. Every year there are new types of online course that are taught online, however, identifying profitable idea is essential to become a successful online course creator.
We’ve prepared this massive list of the best online course ideas that are high in-demand and designed for different target audience. Here are some of the top profitable online course ideas you can take inspiration from when creating your online course.
- Personal Finance Course
- Investing And Trading Course
- Crypto Technology Course
- Leadership and Management Course
- Career Development and Counselling Course
- Entrepreneurship and Business Course
- Project Management Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- Art, Design and Creativity Course
- Programing Course
- Personal Development Course
- Language Course
- Home and Garden Course
- Health And Wellness Course
Personal Finance Course
Personal finance is a topic that is always in-demand. Everyone need to learn about money whether you like it or not. While there is no shortage of personal finance related courses out there, it is a topic that is always evolving.
With personal finance course, you can share your strategies on how to handle debt, save money for the future or even your personal experience in how you handle your personal finance.
Here are some ideas on the different types of Personal Finance Course to get you started:
- Money for beginners.
- Financial planning for adults.
- Finance for couples.
- Personal finance for retiree.
- Retirement planning.
- Financial planning for high earners.
- Debt management.
- Credit cards management.
- Spending habits change.
- Getting to save money.
- Personal and home budgeting.
- Protecting your money, protecting your future.
- Psychology of money management.
- Protecting your money, protecting your future.
- Making better financial decisions.
Investing And Trading Course
Investing is probably one of the most popular ideas for online course where you get to teach others on the topic of making money using money.
While the competition on this topic is very high, it is one of the most in-demand course for people who are interested in taking control of their finance and their future.
Here are some of the ideas for Investing and Trading Course:
- Fundamental analysis of stocks investing.
- Technical analysis of stock investing.
- Guide on the different types of investment vehicles (Stocks, EFTs, Mutual Funds etc.)
- Learn about dividend investing.
- Learn about value investing.
- Learn about growth investing.
- Learn about REITs investing.
- Learn about bond investing.
- Learn about option trading.
- Learn about future trading.
- Learn about Penny stock trading.
- Stock valuation and financial analysis.
- Investing during the bull market.
- Investing during the bear market.
- Understanding market crash.
Crypto Technology Course
Crypto is an new emerging technology that is gaining massive amount of attention. Creating an online course talking about the various aspect of crypto technology can be one of the most profitable topic. With your audience mostly young adults aged 18 to 29 years old, this can be an interesting topic to educate others on the how the crypto technology works.
Here are some great ideas to create course on Crypto Technology:
- Crypto fundamentals.
- Understanding block chain technology.
- Understanding Cryptocurrency mining.
- Understanding DeFi.
- Understanding Smart Contracts.
- Understanding Web3.0.
- Understanding Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs).
- Crypto and future of technology.
- Cryptocurrency and Bitcoin.
- Cryptocurrency trading and investing
- Cryptocurrency Technical analysis.
- Staking Crypto for Passive income
Leadership and Management Course
Leadership and management course cover topics in the area of soft skills required to interact with other individuals. The demand for online course in this topic is massive, ranging from individuals who are working in a team to entrepreneurs who are looking to form and lead a team of professionals.
Here are some possible ideas for creating a Leadership and Management Course:
- Critical thinking.
- Conflict management.
- Charisma development.
- Confidence development.
- Understanding your leadership style.
- Development emotional intelligence.
- Problem solving strategies and techniques.
- Building influence.
- Building an engaged team.
- Building rapport with your team.
- Building a highly effective team.
- Lead effective meeting.
- Getting from a boss to a leader.
- Becoming a coach and mentor.
- Communicate effectively with your team.
Career Development and Counselling Course
Career development is essential if you are looking for career advancement, getting a job with higher pay or simply getting a pay raise in your current job.
For a career development course, your audience is huge, ranging from those fresh gradates what are looking for their first job to experienced working professionals looking for career advancement or career change.
Regardless, this is a huge gold mine where you will not only be able to sell your course, but you can help these individuals to gain a better life.
Here are some currently in-demanded ideas for Career Development and Counselling Course:
- Developing better Interview skills.
- Virtual job interview techniques.
- Face-to-face job interview techniques.
- Getting job interviews.
- Resume and cover letter writing.
- Business writing.
- Business communication.
- Public speaking and presentation.
- Dressing right in the workplace.
- Building professional network in the workplace.
- Body language in the workplace.
- Emotional intelligence at work.
- Conflict management at work.
- Discovering your life purpose.
- Understanding your work personality.
Entrepreneurship and Business Course
There is no shortage of people teaching others how to start an business or becoming an entrepreneur.
However, at the same time there are thousands if not millions of people world wide looking for ways to start a business or to improve their current business.
Here are some innovative ideas for setting up your Entrepreneurship and Business Course:
- Startup business.
- Online business.
- Freelancing business.
- Passive income business.
- Creating the lean startup.
- Creating the MVP for business.
- Business strategies.
- Business plan.
- Brand building for business.
- Finance and accounting for business
- Finding the winning product.
- Click funnel and sale funnel.
- Tax and legal issues for business.
- Outsourcing and automation for business.
- Customer analytics and targeting.
Project Management Course
Project management is everywhere, it involves everything we see and experience in life. While most people see project management as just work related skills, we do project management in our home and daily life as well. Planning on buying our new house or a car is itself a project.
It involves proper planning on budgeting, saving, assessing our financial capability and finally executing on the purchase.
Here are some ideas for starting a course related to Project Management:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification.
- Software project management.
- Event management.
- Waterfall project management.
- Agile project management.
- Project risk management.
- Project management for managers.
- Project management for business owners.
- Project management for project managers.
- Handling conflict in project management.
- Excel in project management.
- Microsoft Project (MS) in project management.
- Monday.com for project management.
- ClickUp for project management.
Digital Marketing Course
Digital marketing is a great topic where you get to teach others about online marketing. With a digital marketing course you teach your students the best ways to promote and sell products and service effectively to reach potential customers.
With digital marketing you need to have an in-depth understanding of the latest technology, strategies and technique that works for each type of customers.
Here are some ideas for creating courses teaching people on Digital Marketing:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Email Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising
- Web Analytics
- Mobile Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- E-commerce Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Digital Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) for Digital Marketing
- Branding and Brand Management in Digital Marketing
Art, Design and Creativity Course
Creating an online course related to art, design and creativity can be very profitable, in fact it is one of the most popular course where students seek out to learn online.
Simply offer a supportive environment with all the required resources for your learners to improve their artistic skills and creativity, as long as you are passionate in your craft, you will most likely succeed in selling your course.
Here are some ideas to get starting in creating your first Art, Design and Creativity Course:
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Fundamentals of Drawing
- Painting Techniques and Materials
- Creative Writing and Storytelling
- Visual Composition and Layout
- Art History and Appreciation
- Digital Art and Illustration
- Printmaking Techniques
- Photography and Photo Editing
- Sculpture and 3D Design
- Fashion Design and Textiles
- Branding and Logo Design
- Typography and Lettering
- Color Theory and Psychology
- Creative Entrepreneurship and Marketing
Online programming skills are one of the most in-demand skills in the job market. Not only this skills will let the learner future prove their future, programming course are designed to be conducted online making it some of the best profitable course ideas in this list to get starting in creating your course.
Here are some ideas to create a successful course on Programming:
- Python Programming
- Java Programming
- C++ Programming
- Web Development
- Data Science and Analytics
- Android App Development
- iOS App Development
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Full-Stack Development
- Game Development
- Blockchain Development
- Cloud Computing and DevOps
Personal Development Course
Personal development course teach learners the tools and techniques required to improve their personal and professional lives making this a great online course to create and sell online.
Course on personal development are often highly sought after by those who are looking to achieve their full potential in life.
Books like “Start Small, Dream Big” falls into this category, and reading this book will help you gain some insight in how to achieve you full potential.
Here are some ideas teaching people on the topic of Personal Development:
- Goal Setting and Achieving goals
- Time Management and Improve Productivity
- Communication Skills
- Leadership and Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
- Confidence and Self-Esteem
- Stress Management and Resilience
- Decision Making and Problem-Solving
- Creativity and Innovation
- Team Building and Collaboration
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Personal Finance and Wealth Building
- Career Development and Job Search
With the world becoming increasingly globalized, learning a new language is a great way to prepare yourself for the future. Learning a new language opens the door to new cultures, and new opportunities.
Regardless, what the new skill of learning a new language is used for, for leisure, for business communication, for travelling, the skill of knowing a new language will only benefit the learner.
With the right marketing strategy and focus, conducting online classes to teach language courses can be a highly profitable business idea.
Here are some ideas for starting a Language Course:
- English Language
- Spanish Language
- French Language
- Mandarin Chinese Language
- German Language
- Italian Language
- Japanese Language
- Korean Language
- Arabic Language
- Russian Language
- Portuguese Language
- Sign Language
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Business Language
- Travel Language
Home and Garden Course
Home and gardening is a topic that caters to a wide range of audience who are interesting in improving their living space. Ranging from the topics on outdoor garden design or even build a shed or a small outdoor playground to indoor interior décor to make your home more comfy.
Teaching course on this topic give your learners a chance to learn practical skills that will benefit them and their family.
Here are some ideas to create a course on Home and Gardening:
- Interior Design
- Sustainable Living
- Feng Shui
- Home Repair and Maintenance
- DIY Home Improvement
- Houseplant Care
- Vegetable Gardening
- Organic Gardening
- Container Gardening
- Urban Gardening
- Landscape Design
Health And Wellness Course
As most people are becoming more aware about self-care and wanting to improve their physical and mental health, the demand for health and wellness course is becoming a raising trend.
Teaching on the importance of knowing how the learners can start better taking care of themselves and their loved ones, health and wellness course can become one of the top online course ideas in terms of profitability and popularity.
Here are some ideas for educating people in the field of Health and Wellness:
- Yoga and Meditation
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating
- Fitness and Exercise
- Stress Management
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Mindfulness and Self-Care
- Sleep and Insomnia
- Weight Management
- Chronic Pain Management
- Women’s Health
- Aging and Gerontology
- Addiction and Recovery
- Alternative Medicine
- Holistic Health
- Parenting and Family Health
How to Come Up With Online Course Topic Ideas
Coming up with an online course topic idea is not easy, not only it need to be something that your target audience wants, it need to be something that you are passionate in and is somewhat expert in.
If you don’t find the online course idea in this list of the best currently in-demanded online course ideas, here are the steps you can take to come up with online course topics.
- Identify your expertise: Look at your skills, experience and knowledge in the the specific area you are interest in. These are usually in the area where you make your money, make your living or things you like to do during your free time.
- Know your audience: Before you start anything, you need to know who are the audience of your online course. There is no point creating a course where there is no audience want to learn about.
- Understand the market demand: The market determine if the course you want to create will sell. This is the essential criteria if you want to make money online selling online course.
- Brainstorm and validate your topic idea: Check with your targeted audience if the course topic you’ve pick is something that they are willing to pay to learn. Don’t make the mistake to asking your friends about it, unless they are your target audience or are highly experience and knowledgeable in selling courses.
How to Start Your Online Course Business
Starting your first course is always the hardest, but since the creation of LMS system that helps to streamline the process, online teaching is becoming the norm in the future.
Start creating your own online portfolio of courses have become much easier, teaching others on the skills and knowledge they want can be a great way to build a profitable online business.
Launching a course online and becoming a course creator is a long journey, but to sum up, here are the steps to start your online course business.
- Choosing the course topic: Course topic will determine all the other steps you’ll take. Does the course requires you to conduct online live classes? Does the course requires you to provide training materials of a variety of different format? These are all some questions you’ll need to ask.
- Get started with the best online course platform: Choosing the best online course platform can help you in your online course creation, marketing, and selling your course. ThinkiFic and LearnWorlds are consider the best in the industry, thus if you are unsure, these will be your default options.
- Creating your online course content: Get started in creating your first online course. Follow the best practice and create an outline for your course. Step-by-step start by inputting all the information of your course. Follow the online course structure and start building your course a chapter at a time.
- Market your course launch: Set a launch date and time for your online course and work towards the deadline. Create a marketing plan and promote your online course whenever possible. Use social media, email marketing, and paid advertising to reach your target audience. Just get the word out that your course is available for anyone to start their eLearning journey online.
- Optimize your course: Gather feedbacks from your students and optimize your course to become even better. Keep improving your course so your current and future students can benefit more from what you teach.
- Keep your course updated: Update your course frequently to be relevant to the current industry, never teach anything outdated or your reputation will suffer.
- Scale and grow: Lastly, keep scaling your online course and promote your course outside to the rest of the world. Create a learning community in your course and ask your community to promote your course to others that they may find it useful.
Who Can Create Online Course
Anyone can start an online course and become an online course creator offering variety of course to their audience.
Having said that, creating an online course is perfect way to monetize your knowledge and skills. Build a profitable online business, while making a positive change to the society, and this is especially true if you are:
- Subject matter-experts: Coaches, consultants and people who have a deep knowledge on a topic looking to teach others.
- Influencers: YouTubers, public speakers, social media influencers and famous individuals looking to share their expertise and monetize their audience.
- Entrepreneurs: Business owners and edupreneurs who want to use their knowledge to create an profitable online business.
- Educators: Teachers, professors, and trainers who are looking to reach a wider audience beyond the traditional classroom online.
- Creatives: Writers, artists, craftsman and designers looking to teach their skills and technique to others.
- Professional: Lawyers, doctors, engineers, programmers, accountants and sales professional looking to share their expertise with others while monetizing their knowledge.
Regardless of who you are, if you have some skills which is better than others, you can create an online course, and if you follow the best practice for course creator, your journey can be made even much easier.
If you are wondering which online course platform should you choose, check out these best online course platform to start creating your course.
- [LIVE] Passion.io Lifetime Deal 2023 + BONUS + Exclusive Extra (Claim Now)
- MicroLearning or Macrolearning: Best eLearning Approach?
- 10 Best Kartra Alternatives and Competitors For Online Business ⚠️ (Free & Paid)
- 10 Best Kajabi Alternative Online Course Platform (Free & Paid)
- [LIVE] Passion.io Black Friday Deal: Lifetime 70% Discount OFF + Bonus
Join 900+ BUDDIES who are growing their wealth with our weekly Income Newsletter